FISHING IN A HURRICANE

Posted by: JASON PEPPERS

FISHING IN A HURRICANE - 10/04/15 12:48 AM

Thinking about fishing Sunday in the muck. Am i nuts or just got the fever I don't know. Seems like a bad idea I know but I need to hear the sound of a reel screaming cause its been too long. Any suggestions for an area to start in would be appreciated. I got a new rod for my b day and it needs breaking in. Thanks!
Posted by: Capt. Clay C

Re: FISHING IN A HURRICANE - 10/04/15 02:38 AM

All the area in sight of the dam has been good. Overall, it has been a great week in the rain. Looks like Sunday looking better.

Re: FISHING IN A HURRICANE - 10/04/15 04:46 AM

Thanks Capt. Clay. I think I will try the mouth of Shoal Creek. I caught a sixteen pounder there last year on my birthday! I appreciate the advice. I saw you fishing in front of the dam that same morning. Do u still have a blue emblem since u got your new Tidewater. Nice boat by the way.
Posted by: Striper Sniper2

Re: FISHING IN A HURRICANE - 10/04/15 01:15 PM

I wouldn't suggest fishing today unless you have a very big boat and plan on pulling leadcore. Wind is awful.

Re: FISHING IN A HURRICANE - 10/05/15 01:10 AM

I woke up early and checked the weather and thought better of going out once I seen 20 mph wind from the east. Fish bite the least with wind from the east. Hey thanks for the advice I'm fishing from a 17 footer.
Posted by: Striper Sniper2

Re: FISHING IN A HURRICANE - 10/05/15 01:16 AM

Cool, I looked on here mainly to see if you posted a report. You've been out of the fishing loop a while Haven't you?

Re: FISHING IN A HURRICANE - 10/05/15 01:43 AM

I have been night fishing under Browns Bridge a couple of times. Caught a couple nice fish and lost one big one. I don't have any luck fishing in the summertime. My electronics are not good. Hard to find the fish.