ICOM M422 radio
Father's Day on Lanier
Minnkota CoPilot remotes
Topic Options
#30198 - 10/19/15 12:33 AM Does Lanier generation turn on stripers
Logan Offline
"Trophy"

Loc: Lilburn
Just a question guys. Lake Lanier usually releases water during the week which is the time most of us can not fish. I was wondering if those who do fish during the week see increased activity once the water release begins. It would seem that if so that it would be more active during the summer and early fall when the fish are closest to the Dam, is that indeed the case?
Logan

#30199 - 10/19/15 01:37 AM Re: Does Lanier generation turn on stripers [Re: Logan]
JASON PEPPERS Offline
"Toad"

Loc: GOOD HOPE, GA
Hey Logan I was told by a lake lanier guide to try and plan my trips around the water release schedule. He said the fish would usually feed more aggressively during the water release because of the increased current. Stripers love current. The phone number for water release schedule is 1 855 326 3569. Usually the recording will give u a two day forecast for the release times.

#30205 - 10/21/15 11:26 AM Re: Does Lanier generation turn on stripers [Re: JASON PEPPERS]
Striper Sniper2 Offline
"Line Breaker"

Loc: Banks County
It's a huge factor from around mid July through end of Sept. All the guides fish during release which is usually in the afternoons. It's like cutting a switch on for striper feeding, dosent seem to affect the bite much the rest of the year.

#30206 - 10/22/15 01:41 AM Re: Does Lanier generation turn on stripers [Re: Striper Sniper2]
Capt. Clay C Offline

"Line Breaker"

I had my share of 40+ fish days this Summer and rarely stayed out past 1. Generation is only one factor. Mornings I have the lake to myself many times. Less boats and less likely to be caught in an afternoon storm. One time about 4 yrs ago or so I had an engine blow as the afternoon storms were rolling in. Not a good feeling to be sitting at three sisters and lightning all around you. Luckily Brian was nearby and picked us up. left the boat floating

go when you can go

Our Sponsors

Striper Fishing Guide

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod