ICOM M422 radio
Father's Day on Lanier
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#29809 - 05/05/15 01:50 AM Re: Question about Center Consoles [Re: PLAN B]
Logan Offline
"Trophy"

Loc: Lilburn
Thanks, the Sea Fox may be off my list at this point, but still looking. If I am understanding you the major difference between the two is the draft, the V would ride lower in the water.

#29810 - 05/05/15 06:40 PM Re: Question about Center Consoles [Re: PLAN B]
Walter Offline
"Pan Size"

I have a deep v CC with bow rails. I have my trolling motor mounted on bow and I can slide it out and get it back in without to much trouble. My minn kota is a 62 inch shaft. But I saw an article in a magazine that you can cut the bow rail in the desired spot and insert a sleeve that will go over or through the rail, can't remember and you drill a hole on each side and install pins that you can remove easily. Was thinking of doing it with mine. Hope this helps.

#29817 - 05/08/15 01:46 AM Re: Question about Center Consoles [Re: Walter]
Capt. Clay C Offline
"Line Breaker"

I am with Plan B. They catch the wind a little more as well. Plus they tend to not have as much walking room. I just feel more closed in with the deeper v. Everyone has different desires, I guess that is why there are so many to choose from in the boat business.

#29882 - 06/07/15 12:02 PM Re: Question about Center Consoles [Re: Capt. Clay C]
Stubby Holda Offline
"Trophy"

Loc: Flowery Branch
My Scout is a deep V with a low railing. Had shop make custom mount for me for bow. See pic. Biggest downside was not pre-wired. Like a bay boat should be. Pro is I've had many a day on Lanier where I was glad to be coming home in a very comfortable boat in rough water. And high freeboard good for kids. A bay boat is probably the better fishing choice if you accept the limits on bad weather/bad water.

And this boat has been 11 mi out in the Atlantic. Not often but cool to know you can.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Capt. Clay C 
Our Sponsors

Striper Fishing Guide

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod