Trailer for sale
ICOM M422 radio
Father's Day on Lanier
Topic Options
#27756 - 01/16/14 03:32 AM cold lake
StriperTime Offline
"Wall Hanger"

Loc: Lawrenceville Ga
I got a chance to sneak on the lake with a pro a few days ago. I was picked up on the extreme south end after lunch and we fished very shallow when the sun finally came through. We landed quite a few fish in a short amount of time. I think 6 in around 3 hours or so. It has been so long since I fished but with the water so cold my guess was to fish shallow when the sun got high. I think we just got lucky because we caught fish close to shore and on the outside boards as well..but it was a very small cove. I think it was the right place at the right time. I haven't seen any reports in a couple weeks, so either the fish are in a few places and everyone that knows is being quiet or its just been rough. All the fish were between 8 and 12 lbs. I would love to know, good or bad, how you have been doing. Happy New Year to all!

#27759 - 01/16/14 01:36 PM Re: cold lake [Re: StriperTime]
Capt. Clay C Offline

"Line Breaker"

Very few people have been out. Even on the good weather days I have seen only a handful of boats and most of them bass fishermen. Really surprised more guys have not been out since the water temp is still good and hopefully about to get even better. I have been out a little but mostly getting caught up on things around the house, going to dr, dentist, etc while it is cold so I can hit it hard from here on out. After Christmas break, the first two weeks of January are always the slowest of the year for me.

#27776 - 01/18/14 12:34 AM Re: cold lake [Re: Capt. Clay C]
DAN Offline
"Bigun"

Loc: ALPHARETTA GA.
What water temp do the Stripers just shut down?

Moderator:  Capt. Clay C 
Our Sponsors

Striper Fishing Guide

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod