Father's Day on Lanier
Minnkota CoPilot remotes
Topic Options
#25744 - 01/31/13 10:09 PM Palm Beach Fish for Life
wormboy Offline
"Line Breaker"

Loc: Tucker, GA
Just because I'm bragging to everyone else i know:

Got an invite to crew and fish on a 70' Viking in a Fish for Life charity billfish tournament off palm Beach FL this past week. The action was pretty slow both days: we were 3rd on the board with just 3 sailfish at the end of day 1, but got trounced on day 2 so ended up out of the $. No sailfish pix--- when you finally touch that leader it gets cut at the hook ASAP so all lines can go right back out. Fun but serious fishing. Never thought I'd be disappointed with a bull mahi on the line and wishing I could shake it off! shocked

Still got a smile on my face--- even though I had trouble coming home to the normal standard of living after hob-nobbing with the 1%. wink

#25745 - 01/31/13 11:29 PM Re: Palm Beach Fish for Life [Re: wormboy]
kjprather Offline
"Trophy"

Loc: McDonough, GA
That had to be a great experience. Congrats.

#25871 - 02/16/13 02:20 PM Re: Palm Beach Fish for Life [Re: wormboy]
maddhatter Offline
"Pan Size"

I had that same conflict when I fished the SKS trail (88' to 2001),it finally got to the point that cussing a nice Cobia or breaking off a good sailfish lead me to quit competitive fishing and get back to just fun fishing.After a decade plus of 10 to 23 tour events a year I was burned out on the rat race anyway.Biggest benefit I suppose is I am able to fish anywhere from Wrightsville Beach to Venice La and know the area's pretty good.
Taking my boat to Canaveral and fishing/leaving it there for a couple months/just as soon as the weather straighten's up.
I hear the wahoo and tuna are beginning to show off pretty good down there now along with your big ol spring dolphin (mahi for u Yankee's)

Our Sponsors

Striper Fishing Guide

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod