Recent Photos
Unusual catch for Lanier
Trailer dolly - powered
Trailer for sale
ICOM M422 radio
Father's Day on Lanier
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#23262 - 04/12/12 12:56 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: Ny Fisherman]
jeffc Offline
"Bigun"

Loc: Cumming, Ga
OMG Double D that is a freaking monster. Way to go dude,You are the man. Awesome that you let that girl swim away. I am happy for you brother.

#23264 - 04/12/12 01:29 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: jeffc]
Striper Sniper2 Offline
"Line Breaker"

Loc: Banks County
Congrats guys. I can't believe y'all braved that wind but it sure did pay off.

#23266 - 04/12/12 01:45 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: Striper Sniper2]
wormboy Offline
"Line Breaker"

Loc: Tucker, GA
To quote George Harrison: "My SWEET Lord!!"

I was just wondering how Dan's fishing week was going....no need to ask now! That one's worth a replica mount in my book.
Congrats Gents.

#23267 - 04/12/12 02:41 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: wormboy]
wahoocreek Offline
"Trophy"

Loc: Lake Lanier, GA
Dan.
Outstanding work. I do believe that I know the method you were fishing first hand. Thanks for sharing a great report. Can you smile any bigger? smile

#23268 - 04/12/12 03:04 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: wormboy]
Dan D Offline
"Line Breaker"

Loc: Buford, GA
Thanks so much guys for all your kind words!!! I would like to say, that a fish of this caliber takes team work.

Bob is quite a great captain in his own right. This showed in volumes when it came down to show time. We had just thrown out a 9 rod spread when this fish hit. The rod was screaming and the tension was very high, Bob said, call out how far out is it. I gave a blow by blow, 280, 320, 350, 400, 425, 450' and then she stopped and I gave two pumps of the rod and she ran back to 468' Bob says that fish is for sure a 40+ fish and quickly started pulling the remaining 8 rods completely out of the water.

He was taking no chances in letting a life long fish get tangled in any thing left in the water. Then when it came time to put the fish in the net he was flawless in getting the head and gills in the net, because that is all that fit in my net...LOL

He then held the fish in the water in the net, and said get your breath. I then corrected the course of the boat and moved some rods out of the way for pictures. This was paramount in reviving the fish, because the fish and I were both worn out. THANKS BOB!

I always told everyone I would mount a striper when I caught a 40 pound fish, well in 18 years I have never been faced with the test. My team partner and good friend Brett always said he would understand if I wanted to take a fish of that caliber. He always voiced it would be a shame to take a fish out that could be the next lake record. Well when I was faced with this decision, his love and passion for this fish rang out in my head and I could not take her out.

I may have a replica done and I will be happy with it especially knowing how much that fish meant to me. After an 18 year search for this fish I was a happier person knowing I released her to be all she can be. The DNR said that the lake record was around a 17 year old fish. After thinking about it, and that this fish is of that class, I felt so relieved to watch her swim away to fight another day. wink

#23270 - 04/12/12 03:20 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: Ny Fisherman]
lcookie Offline
"Bigun"

Everytime I look at the fish I get a little tear in my eye lol. Happy for you man. You do good by others so good things happen to you.

#23272 - 04/12/12 10:02 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: lcookie]
Troutman3000 Offline
"Line Breaker"

Originally Posted By: lcookie
Everytime I look at the fish I get a little tear in my eye lol. Happy for you man. You do good by others so good things happen to you.

Couldnt have been said any better! Good job Dan and Bob!

How many bluebacks you think that monster can eat in one day?

#23273 - 04/12/12 11:43 AM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: Troutman3000]
striper bait Offline
"Wall Hanger"

Loc: oakwood ga
I guess that will teach me not to decline a fishing trip with you next time lol.Fantastic fish Dan

#23274 - 04/12/12 12:10 PM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: Ny Fisherman]
StriperTime Offline
"Wall Hanger"

Loc: Lawrenceville Ga
Great fish Dan!!

#23275 - 04/12/12 12:13 PM Re: High winds and tough conditions yields 43 lber [Re: striper bait]
mike p Offline
"Toad"

Dan, Congrats to you and Bob on landing a GREAT fish...What a good story....From someone who has read and learned off your posts for quite awhile I am happy to see you caught that Trophy...Congrats again....Mike P.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Capt. Clay C 
Our Sponsors

Striper Fishing Guide

Who's Online
1 registered (klag), 19 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod